Full Job Description
We are looking for per diem registered nurses to conduct initial assessments and/ or
reassessments through telehealth. Working for a Licensed Home Care Agency servicing the
Home Care Registered Per-Diem Nurse Duties include:
* Assess patient at start of care to develop a plan of care.
* Instructs and advise patients and/or families as well as the home health aides in their
* Ensures safe delivery of member care in accordance with policies and professional
* Performs comprehensive, accurate physical assessments of member, and records the
data on our agency forms properly.
* Records thorough and accurate health histories and initial nursing assessments.
* Identifies member health problems accurately and comprehensively.
* Communicates member’s conditions, responses and needs to medical practitioners
and other professionals as needed to promote management of the member’s health
* Implements the nursing care plan with appropriate explanation of care and teaching to
members, our staff members, and members’ significant others as needed.
* Teaches and demonstrates, insofar as possible, health care techniques or procedures to
member/ member’s family.
* Continuously assesses and evaluates the quality of services delivered in order to
ensure the highest possible level of care and customer satisfaction.
* Supervises the paraprofessional. Performs evaluation, teaching, and records such
activities as required by the agency, according to policy.
* Documents assessments, visits, communications, conferences, care plans and
discharge planning and summaries by agency standards.
* Completes admission and discharge paperwork in a timely fashion.
* Completes all required documents for work time, time off, etc. in timely manner
* Registered Nurse
* Experience with Home Care (Preferred)
* Licensed and currently registered to practice professional nursing with the New York
State Education Department.
* Fluent in Spanish (preferred)
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
* Patient and friendly
* Demonstrates good listening skills, and ability to work in a team
* Basic computer skills
* Valid driver’s licensure and able to drive a car and maintain agency’s auto insurance
Full Job Description
We are looking for per diem registered n